Referrals for Abuse
Childhelp – IOS Soresters National Child Abuse Hotline
- This organization is in the fight against child abuse and neglect.
Joanne Feldmeth, Executive Director
3536 Ocean View Blvd. #250
Glendale, CA 91208
- This agency was set up to recruit, train, and support families or individuals who will provide quality care for abused, neglected, or abandoned children. They also have a monthly newsletter, videos, and other materials.
Andy Comiskey, Operator
P.O. Box 17635
Anaheim, CA 92817
- Although primarily a ministry to homosexuals, their CROWN club offers support for physically and sexually abused children.
High Teens Ministries
Alice Benson, Madeline Lowe Crosby
P.O. Box 37435
Albuquerque, NM 87176
- A self-help program is available for parents and kids in family crises such as drugs, runaways, abuse, arrest, and others.
Life Skills International
P.O. Box 31227
Aurora, CO 80041-1227
303/340-0052 – fax
- The focus of this outreach is to stop domestic violence by bringing the perpetrator to accountability, and to provide skills for both the batterer and the victim in order to break the cycle of violence. They have a network of 50 centers across the U.S. as well as 10 in England which train churches, psychiatrists, and psychologists to implement their program. Write to the headquarters to find the center nearest you.
National Committee to Prevent Child Abuse
800/55-NCPCA (not a hotline; information only)
- This organization provides a catalog of materials, including booklets in Spanish.
National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence
1155 Connecticut Avenue N.W., Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
800/222-2000 (not a hotline; for research/information purposes)
- This group’s purpose is to strengthen, both professionally and financially, child abuse programs and family violence and treatment programs in the U.S.
National Organization for Victim Assistance – NOVA
1757 Park Road N.W.
Washington, DC 20010
202/232-6682 (general information)
800/879-6682 (24-hour crisis hotline, Spanish operator available)
- This secular organization exists to provide information and referrals for victims of violent crime.
520 S. Lafayette Park Place, Suite 316
Los Angeles, CA 90057
- This international organization provides self-help groups to give parents support to prevent them from hurting their children, build positive relationships, and reconstruct their self-image.