Life, Death, and Euthanasia-Resources
- Eleanor James, Christian American, “When Dad Asked to Die,” March/April 1997, p. 31, 32
- International Anti-Euthanasia Task Force (online report), http://www.iaetf.org/jk.htm, p. 1
- Dr. Diane M. Komp, Christianity Today, “The Battle over Assisted Death is Just Starting,” November/December 1997, p.1 (http://www.christianity.net)
- International Anti-Euthanasia Task Force (online report), http://www.iaetf.org/fctholl.htm, p. 2
- Diane M. Gianelli, American Medical News, “Praise, criticism follow Oregon’s first reported assisted suicides,” April 13, 1998, Internet
- Carol M. Ostrom, The Seattle Times, “Assisted suicide: pain not big factor,” March 27, 1996, p. B3
- Christine Dubois, Human Life News, “Preventing Euthanasia by Providing Good Care,” December 1997, p. 10
- Gary L. Thomas, Christianity Today, “Deadly Compassion,” June 16, 1997, part one, Internet
- Sally MacDonald, The Seattle Times, “Ailing archbishop comforts the sick,” February 11, 1997, p. B1
- Eleanor James, Christian American, p. 32
- Luminarium, Internet
- Taken from When Is It Right to Die? by Joni Eareckson Tada. Copyright © 1992 by Joni Eareckson Tada. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
American Cancer Society
1599 Cliffton Road N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30329
***Cancer Care, Inc.
1180 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
*Excellent site offering cancer information, telephone support, and much more.
Hospice Foundation of America
2001 S. St. N.W. #300
Washington, D.C. 20009
International Euthanasia Task Force
P.O. Box 760
Steubenville, OH 43952
***Includes details on Dr. Jack Kevorkian, his victims, euthanasia in the Netherlands, and updates on the euthanasia debate in each state. Recommended.
National Hospice Organization
1901 N. Moore St., Suite 901
Arlington, VA 22209
A nonprofit group founded in 1978, the NHO promotes hospice care for terminally ill patients and their families, and continues to oppose the legalization of assisted suicide.
***A fully comprehensive site for research on euthanasia. Includes medical and legal articles, euthanasia facts, and people’s stories. Highly recommended.
The Ultimate Pro-Life Resource List
The “Death with Dignity” page from The Oregonian newspaper.
***When Is It Right to Die? by Joni Eareckson Tada, with foreward by C. Everett Koop (Zondervan, 1992). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia: Christian Moral Perspectives: The Washington Report, by The Committee on Medical Ethics, Diocese of Washington (Morehouse Publishing Co., 1997).
The Dying Time: Practical Wisdom for the Dying and Their Caregivers, by Joan Furman and contributor David McNabb (Random House, 1997).
Euthanasia Is Not the Answer: A Hospice Physician’s View, by Dr. David Cundiff (Humana Press, 1992).
Forced Exit: The Slippery Slope from Assisted Suicide to Legalized Murder, by Wesley J. Smith (Time Books, 1997).
The Healing Power of Hope: Down to Earth Alternatives to Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide, by Mary Drahos (Soho Press, Inc., 1997).
On Death and Dying: What the Dying Have to Teach Doctors, Nurses, Clergy and
Their Own Families, by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (The MacMillan Company, 1969). Important note: Not from a Christian perspective, but information is helpful.
Kimn Swenson Gollnick